- Medical Qigong
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions About Insurance
Does my health insurance cover acupuncture?
Many insurance companies have plans that cover acupuncture. In Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito counties the following providers have plans available with acupuncture benefits.
- Blue Shield
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Health Net
- And many more!
I am signing up for health insurance for the first time, how do I know if I will have acupuncture benefits?
When you are signing up for a plan or looking to add acupuncture benefits to your current plan the following are very important questions to ask. It is a good idea to know what you are receiving from your health coverage.
- Does this plan have acupuncture benefits?
- Is there a deductible I must meet before my benefits begin? If yes, what is it?
- Is there a daily dollar amount maximum? If yes, what is it?
- Are there a limited number of visits?
- Is acupuncture grouped with chiropractic care in terms of number of visits?
Does workers comp (workers compensation) cover acupuncture treatments?
Good news, acupuncture is covered under the state of California’s Workers Compensation law. A course of acupuncture treatments may be approved if medically necessary.
I have a Flex Spending or Health Savings Account may I use that to pay for acupuncture services?
Flexible spending and health savings accounts may be used to pay for acupuncture and all other medical services as well as nutritional supplements (Chinese herbs) prescribed by this clinic. We will provide you with any necessary paperwork as is required for tax records and reimbursements.
I am unsure of my health insurance coverage? What do I do next?
To find out if your health insurance covers acupuncture please contact your health insurance provider directly, or you may call us and we will assist you. (831) 744-2426.
What can I expect to pay when I have my first visit?
- For insurance co-payments or self-payment (due at time of service), we accept cash, check, and credit/debit cards (Visa and MasterCard only).
- We will bill your insurance company directly for services rendered if applicable.
- We will provide an estimate of the number of visits we recommend for resolution of your chief complaint.
- We offer a senior and military discount.
- We will work with any patient to keep treatment costs within their health-care budget.
With this information you are taking charge of your own health care decisions and your body will thank you for it!
If you have any further questions regarding insurance or your current insurance coverage please feel free to call The Center of Integrative Chinese Medicine and one of our friendly staff will be happy to speak with you. Call Today (831) 241-4636
Did you know…Licensed acupuncturists are primary care providers in the state of California. You do not need a referral from your medical doctor to see a licensed acupuncturist, and acupuncturists may order lab tests and bill insurance for your office visits.
Did you know…Licensed acupuncturists have master's degrees in Traditional Chinese Medicine. They spend at least 4 years in classroom and in a teaching clinic to be prepared to offer effective, safe, and integrative care to today's modern family. All of the practitioners at the Center of Integrative Chinese Medicine are also Doctors of Medical Qigong Therapy. This means another 3 years of school in applied meditation and mind-body integration! All of this adds up to the best team on the Monterey Peninsula for your health care needs.